Monday, January 01, 2007

end of the year review

i dunno... people usually do a one-off look at whether they have in anyways achieved their resolutions for the past year... so maybe i will look back at what i have written on this exact same date a year ago, and comment appropriately.

only to find that i don't have any past year resolutions to commit to.
smart ain't i?

because i have already foreseen that my resolutions would fail me anyways, or rather i them, because i can't commit to working towards them.

yeah. so no resolutions to fulfill, so nothing to complain that i have failed. hahaha. i win on both accounts.

but i will still come to review this past year.

it has almost flown by too fast if you ask me... and much has happened within that overwhelmed me with emotions, and frankly, i wouldn't know where to start. refer to my past year blog posts if you wish... because i think my comments then would be the same as my comments now.

am i satisfied with the year past?

academically, it has been a most trying year... with our longest attachments and most difficult modules coming alongside each other... and in me trying to commit to the various CCAs that i was in... SHS Club, SAOTSC, and Debates... and my utter inability to help out with the establishment of the NYPMS... i felt most energised and empowered at times, but at others i was little more than a thin strip of mental thread waiting to snap. but i am glad that it has all passed now, and in this coming year, i can definitely focus on the work that i need to do.

socially, i am thankful for the friends i have lost but found again, and for the blessed time that i have with them. and for the love that i feel for them. and for their unconditional acceptance of me. there is so much in the value of a friendship that i would give my life for that these people form a very tight circle around my heart.

family has never been better... all the past issues of delinquent siblings, and misperceptions of each other have somewhat passed along... and my parents are growing to become more accepting of the new changes happening before their very eyes... a daughter to be married, a son who has turned over a new leaf, a son who is graduating from school soon and yet another son who will be taking his O levels not too long down the road. indeed, all of us are growing up, and the flighting issues that accompanies growth have somewhat calmed themselves down.

spiritually, i am at peace because i know what i need to do and why i am doing it. and i am able to understand my fraility and weaknesses in the light of His Glory and Might. and i am able to appreciate the gifts that i have been endowed with and give my ultimate trust in Him, that i will be shown a path which is of benefit to me.

the coming year is one filled with excitement and times of uncertainty for me.

for one, i am graduating as an occupational therapist in about 5 months' time. i will then be entering into the working life, and that opens up a whole window of opportunity for me. i look forward to this.

before that i hope to be going to australia for my final attachments. i am a bit nervous, but i am sure it will be a good experience.

there are a few people slated to get married, and my sister is foremost on that list. i hope everything runs smoothly at all stages of the marriage.

my dearest friends will also be graduating, and i wonder how our paths will turn and meander... will we become closer, or will we drift apart? it is all, at this moment, open for speculation.

but live through it i will, as i take each day as it is.

I ask to be granted the strength and courage to face the challenges of the new year, and may this year be a better year for me and for all of you out there.

No comments: