Wednesday, April 09, 2008

woes of a working man.

well. talk about the cost of education.

just about education.

letters came in my post today.
both from cpf.

saying about the education scheme thing, which basically means that since i have completed my education on account of my father's moolah, it is now time for me to pay back.

1 year in ntu - $5495.05
3 years in nyp - $6558.23

thats the amount that i will have to credit into my dad's account, with interest within the next 12 years. doesn't sound so bad when you look at it. but from a person who is earning peanuts, the amount works out to quite a significant amount per month, even at prevailing rates.

and lets not even go into wanting to pursue my degree which would cost me about $20000 more.

everything is about money.

i just want to go back to the books. and study for free.

sigh.

No comments: