Friday, October 13, 2006

it's friday!

yeaps and week 1 of attachments is over.
7 more weeks to go.

you know, as i was taking the bus home this evening, i suddenly realised how therapeutic the ride home from one end to the next is. i realise that it was the one thing that i look forward to everytime i go home. i don't know if its just the lazy journey back after a long day at work, or is it something psychological - like i am moving away from a place i may not feel so secure at to a place i am most at home with, HOME.

i think its more the second reason. i love going home.

but that is of course not to say that my attachment has been hellish.
yes, my supervisor is beginning to pile on the work and expectations.
but at the same time, i find myself coping better than i had initially hoped.
i really think that it will be a truly challenging placement, but it will test my abilities in all aspects of OT quite well. i think my supervisor will make sure of that. and i need to fulfill my own aspirations too.

first week and i already have 5 children under my care. need to assess, plan and implement treatment sessions, and need to read up for information so that i can answer my supervisor's clinical reasoning questions. then need to ensure that everything i do is documented. really not gonna be easy... but i must do it. next week will be another week with more clients. haha...

kids are not easy to play with you know...

No comments: