Monday, July 30, 2007

work

am currently employed at the Handicaps Welfare Association as an occupational therapist under the Personal Care Services (PCS) programme. am in charge of home therapy services, where i conduct therapy (duh) in the home environment (double duh).

but work has been relaxed and altogether quite pleasant. only seeing 2 patients a day currently, and not even confined to the office environment. and it helps that i am able to arrange my own time to suit the needs of the clients, and even my own administrative duties. my supervisor and director are very trusting of my ability, and i am left to work independently since the 2nd week of work. yups, its that great... little pressure breathing down my neck.

its all good la... even so, i have quite a steep learning curve to traverse... need to pick up on administrative matters, financial accounting, manpower and resource management, marketing and public relations... so i am not only developing clinically, i am also forced to develop other skills, which will help me later if i am taking up a higher administrative position.

i truly feel quite lucky that this opportunity has availed itself to me, and that so many things are in store for me. the job allows me for so many avenues of growth, that i am spoilt for choice. haha... but like what HB says, focus. and focus I will. on clinical skills first, and then slowly on administration and planning. then i will begin to shine like those before me.

hahaha.

i hope!

No comments: