Sunday, November 11, 2007

in response to your sms: a prayer

O God!
I ask you,
By Your knowledge of the Unseen,
And Your control over the creation:
Give me life as long as You know that life is best for me,
And take me when death is best for me.

O God!
I also ask of You fear of You, in secret and in open;
I ask of You the word of Truth and justice in anger and in pleasure;
I ask of You moderation in poverty and affluence;
I ask of You joy which does not fade;
I ask of You pleasure which does not pass away, nor that which ceases;
I ask of You contentment with Your decree;
I ask of You coolness of life after death;
I ask of You the delight of looking towards Your Face;
And I ask of You eagerness towards meeting You, not in harmful adversity, nor in misleading afflictions.

O God!
Adorn us with the decoration of faith, and make us those who guide and are guided.

No comments: