Monday, March 08, 2004

wisdom speaks to you, do you listen?

as you can perhaps infer from the tone of my blogs lately, i am kinda depressed...well, was kinda depressed. but last night, i had this really really good talk with an angel, and she reminded me that i needed to love myself more before i go around loving others...since i will only have myself to blame if at the end of the day, i find myself crying.

i should learn to unexpect, rather than hope for things to happen. i should take good care of my soul, since they will not take care of it for me. i should not be obliged, rather i should want to. because in obligation there is expectation of return, but in wanting, there is just free giving. i must learn to smile at myself despite what others say or think, and i must learn to hold myself together despite what others do to bring or break me down.

if they do not appreciate me, i can always appreciate myself. if they do not love me, all the more i should love myself. it's not their fault if they cannot give back to me, but it's not mine either should i decide to stop giving. in that i will take heart.

the wisdom of an angel spoke to me and made me smile. the wisdom of an angel brought me up from my sorrow and gloom, and ignited that spirit again. to that angel, soon to be reborn, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

when wisdom speaks, listen.

No comments: