Tuesday, August 14, 2007

next phase of life

congratulations to all my friends who have recently tied the knot.
may the unions last a lifetime, blessed and felicitous, come the generations ahead.

and with those words, i express one of my deepest fears.
of friends moving apart once they cross the threshold into the next phase of life.

indeed there are a few who are already halfway there. and among them, those closest to me.
while i laud them for their ample provisions, and i am proud that they have made the choice to go on one step further, i just hope that that step is not a step further away from me. call it what you may, but yes, i have separation anxiety issues. although it is not quite as bad as it sounds, i think some part of me would grief the loss of how things were before.

so. there.
smile i may, but cry i still will.

No comments: