Friday, November 12, 2004

sorry...not my cuppa...

a friend of mine brought up a very salient point about me.

and its a truth.

politics is not my forte. in fact it is one of the things that i have absolutely no sense for. what is the phrase used to describe it? political apathy, yes.

so eunice olsen is NMP. good for her. big deal to me.

it is not as if she is incapable or anything. proof of that will come in her term of service. whether she's good or not will depend on the results of her work. and by that argument, who are we to judge anyone at first glance whether he or she should be NMP? and what's there to say about the level of politics in the country? "What is happening to Parliament?" Come on, surely we are more matured than that.

if anything at all, it goes to show that the government is trying to improve itself, adding fresh perspectives and new blood into the leadership of the nation. i am sure that there were and will be systems of checkbacks to ensure the capabilties and suitability of the candidates for the position. if i could further add, kudos to the government for being willing to be unconventional and expand the opportunities of leadership to younger and less jaded minds.

you see, it is not political apathy. rather, it is just a vote of confidence in the actions of the government and the direction we are heading.

but my opinions are my own.
my two cents' worth of political diatribe is above-written.

still not my cuppa tho'.

No comments: